Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Monday, February 23, 2009

Just in Case for Heads or Tails


Skittles at Heads or Tails prompts 'case or rhymes with case' for today. My response:



Maybe you have a small MACE cylinder given to you for protection by a fretful aunt years ago and with luck you've never had occasion to use it.

Here are don't tips if you want to know if it's still powerful enough to fell an errant assailant.

What I learned:

1. Never fire it into the oncoming breeze
2. Never watch to see if a cloud comes from the little disperser
3. Never test it indoors
4. Never do any of these in front of another party who will NEVER let you forget it

I can only assume that pepper spray works the same way because I'm not going to check.

In case you don't care for mace, I'm posting a vase, as well.



Image created on Bamboo Fun with Adobe Photoshop Elements and resized in Irfanview.

♥~~~♥~~~♥

18 comments:

Barb said...

Oh my gosh! Hahahahahahahahaa!!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!

anthonynorth said...

Now, is this advice theoretical or from experience, I wonder :-)

Anonymous said...

lol. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Hehehe I prefer the vase thank you! Happy HOT :)

Bruce Miller said...

In yer FACE cuz I sez VAHZZZZ :)

Hootin Anni said...

That is too funny. I loved this!! And in any case, your vase is some aMACEing work!!! That's so cool.

Robyn Jones said...

HEHEHEHEHEHE.....Iprobably would have tried....I stuck my finger in a Christmas lite socket one to get glass out...(while it was plugged in......)

Anonymous said...

i loved the vase :)

Misty DawnS said...

Ummmmmm *hiding* Been there - done that. Except, my incident involved a closed up vehicle and just seeing if the trigger worked ('testing' the trigger slightly - not expecting it to go off) to make sure said mace wouldn't be defective if it were ever needed... I really don't wanna talk about it *sigh*

P.S. Did you know that mace will eat the console of a vehicle - just sayin'

Anonymous said...

I have some kind of protection spray in one of my coat pockets. I've been tempted to try it out, but been too chicken. lol
Lovely vase! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Thanks for the advice. :D

Jan said...

OMG I see what you mean now! LOL Great minds think alike, eh? hehe

Barb said...

Me again. Came to read this to hubby. :)

Tammie Lee said...

I do hope your advice is not from experience. I will remember it all, thank you, as I, at times carry bear spray. Your vase is wild and wonderful!

Jim said...

I like your vase. I don't have any old maces or pepper sprays but I do have a couple of old spray nitro glycerin cartridges.

Did you see the comment, Lulin. I forgot about it. I hope it will still be around in the morning.
..

Anonymous said...

good advice.
But rhyming mace with vase and then giving us (one of your) pictures made me laugh AND delighted!!!!

Whitesnake said...

You put a smile on my dial!

pictureeachday said...

Oh NO!! I have an old can of pepper spray that I recently wanted to try to see if it worked. I was afraid of doing this very thing, though. Now I will probably never get up the courage!

I love both the vase AND the story.