Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Flower of Geranium









My family gave me a digital camera for Christmas and because I feel there's something unsatisfactory about photographing plain white snow (which is usually outside in the cold) I searched indoors for something more colorful.

I have a tendency to bring a few plants inside if they survive summer. This little geranium thing sported a blossom while resting on the edge of the bathtub. (I use the shower.)

You'll notice the 'shadow' of the plant reflects on the white tile across the tub.

And in case Lucy Petals is reading: This may be silly, but I'm posting it anyway.

Thanks to Skittles at Heads or Tails -for her prompt: Flower

***

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a lovely pic, and certainly welcome relief from the snow (we are having a snowstorm today!)

Happy HOT!

Anonymous said...

i love the shot. it's beautiful.

thanks for stopping by hots @ blipbit.com and lupusurvivor.com

Noah the Great said...

Photographs are great. :D

Anonymous said...

That is a cool photo! You should be proud. :)

Le Butterfly said...

Great shot

Hope you have fun with your camera - looking forward to seeing your photos

Anonymous said...

Cool !! enjoy :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Misty DawnS said...

I think this is REALLY AWESOME! Very creative - I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

I try taking pictures of my plants, too - but they don't turn out so well. This is really nice, and I love the reflection in the tile.

Anonymous said...

Cool effects! I know it's cold outside, but the snow can have some pretty cool effects too. Enjoy your new camera! I'm jealous. lol

Barb said...

I see Lucy hasn't been here yet. :P

I had to giggle a bit when you said "if" they survive the summer. The key is to water them... LOL!

The reflection is awesome!

anthonynorth said...

I don't think it possible for you to post anything silly.
Always a delight.

The Gal Herself said...

It still gets dark too early, and we're supposed to get even more snow ... I can't tell you what a welcome sight your geranium photo is on a day like this!

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous.

Lucy said...

hahaha !! NOTHING you create could ever be silly (unless of course that is What you're trying to be! xo)
your geranium and it's story are beautiful!

Kilauea Poetry said...

I just got one too..this is a nice shot.
I'm having fun too but I'm waiting for more..I'm slowly getting over a rotten cold & hope the rain goes away with it!

Robyn Jones said...

What a cool shot! I need a new camera...I think I have worn out my old one...

Cheryl Ann said...

I LOVE your photographs! I also hear you about how we should take the time to do the things WE want! I keep saying, "Someday..."! Well, maybe "someday" needs to start NOW!!!