Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Devil’s Laugh





worn Levis, black hair
VO5’d to a duck tail
sleeve stiff with Camels
tattoos exposed
slack-kneed stroll
teasing fight-hungry fists

every mother’s warning
every father’s fear
naif that I am
you could have
your way with me
you and your devil’s laugh



Totally Optional Prompts offers an aubade form as the challenge for this week. Mine is not so much.

Image created on Bamboo Fun Tablet with Adobe Photoshop Elements.

♥♥♥

12 comments:

Ofira Sephiroth said...

Everyone loves a bad boy...parents nightmare indeed. Love the first stanza as well as the picture you've chosen for the poem. Great write.

Anonymous said...

Fell for him, did ya? My sister actually did have a guy like this, I was too young then!

paisley said...

and why not?? every woman loves a bad boy.......

Andy Sewina said...

Phew, those were the days, and so vividly recalled here! WonderfulWords!

Heres a 'funny' for you - How can you call yourself a vegetarian and smoke Camel cigarettes?

myrtle beached whale said...

Yep, the girls all go for that guy and then are disappointed when she grows up and he never does. She ends up abused, pregnant, and hopeless.

Linda Jacobs said...

Oh, yeah, I'd fall for him, too!

You described him so clearly!

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Cool to the extreme. Best one I've read yet!

Jeeves said...

Haha, I like him!!!!Really nice one :D

Deeptesh said...

I loved the unconventional style.And thanks for visiting deepteshpoetry. Will look forward 2 ur comments in the future.

anthonynorth said...

Ah, the bad boys. I've heard of them.

gautami tripathy said...

Great! Just great!

enthrall

Noah the Great said...

Too bad I'm not a bad boy.