Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Saturday Night Square

Totally Optional Prompts asks: what sort of inspiration did we find this week? In mythology, or elsewhere?




Tattered hair haloes
an age-pocked head
tendons lie loose
on thin-skinned hands,
his whitewashed eyes
haunt a giggle of girls
wearing faux immortality
flaunting tight skin
with come-on strolls

and

overhead

Orion, pinned to the night
like an errant butterfly,
hunts lovelies of the Pleaides.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this I felt overwhelmed, the ending is beautiful, exquisite, your writing is always exceptional, this goes further still.

Anonymous said...

I like how the first stands as if seen on earth, blends into the second vista of the night sky. Lovely! I saw the prompt comes from you, so I'm going to try it!

paisley said...

you and jo... your knowledge on this subject amazes me... i had to fight all week with it... and still came up empty.... this was lovely.. and believe it or not not only do i know who orion is... but i know a guy named orion too... small world...LOL

Crafty Green Poet said...

Excellent juxtaposition, I particularly like 'faux immortality'

Linda Jacobs said...

Oh, you describe those girls so well and the old guy gives me the creeps. Then...the shift to Orion and it all becomes clear. You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

So mystical...I love it!

Anonymous said...

this is a fun poem!

Cynthia said...

Beautifully done, your poem
to me reads organic and surreal
at the same time, what an amazing
unique marriage you've performed!

anthonynorth said...

Myth, culture, mind and stars. They act upon us together.
Excellent.

UL said...

i liked this one. just caught the prompt, i might attempt it before the month ends..an idea is shaping in my mind..