Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Friday, April 18, 2008

Bay Job Wreck for Poefusion Friday 5

Poefusion Friday 5 says: Words this week are made up for your enjoyment. My hope is that everyone will have fun with these words and make up a poem as good as Jabberwocky by Lewis Carroll. They are: caprussule, mozzle, cack, skrey, glureon. My response follows:



Bay Job Wreck

a distant skrey played mozzle
on the ochre cack at midnight
and poefusion stirred weird tomes
until the height of coming light

old wild and wily caprussule
riffing on the strings of blight
tuned up the maximus glureon
to settle scores before first write

and when all the clefs were cited
not one sharp chimed an E chord flat


7 comments:

paisley said...

oh you are clever.. and to weave in poefusion as well... bravo!!!!

poefusion said...

I love this. It's beautiful. And, you even used poefusion. I can actually envision your poem so clearly. You are one talented writer. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful poem. Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

I liked 'maximus glureon' and I can just see 'old wild and wily caprussle/riffing on the strings of blight'. Lovely.

Q said...

Dear Sue,
I am having so much fun reading your poems today.
This one is very funny!
Writing nonsense that makes sense is a true talent!
Thank you!
I have missed you while I was sick.
I needed these good deep laughs, so good for digestion!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

A slipery, silvery poem - it whistles with mischief and mayhem.

Karina said...

OOOH, I love this. Funny how a bunch of made up words can have so much meaning, isn't it? You did a great job with these words, I really like this piece.

I just went back and read it again... really like this piece. ;-)

Anonymous said...

poefusion stirred weird tomes - how true - great poem as usual,