Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Change for Madoff



I knew instantly...

that this plan could work. The few regulations rarely caused the overseers to look askance. I knew if I could get away with it for eight months, it would build on its own accord and take flight into numbers only dreamed about. It did.

Jail didn't scare me ~ I knew the big house man was good for a pardon. He had nothing to lose and everything to gain. TARP covered us all very smartly. We were too big to fail and people would forget about us as soon as American Idol came on.

It was well worth fifty billion for me...

A fictitious 'think' for Bernie ~ the truth lies with Madoff.

Prompt from Sunday Scribblings

***

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice :)

Roan said...

With my luck, I wouldn't get pardoned. Loved it!

Laura Jayne said...

This is entirely intriguing. Really intersting writing.

Lilibeth said...

Doesn't say much for the American public...but then, what is there to say?

Doe said...

those calculated risks, eh?!
nice take on the prompt ;)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't do that. I'd quite like to, but I know I'd mess up!

anthonynorth said...

Ah, the temptation, the hope.
Nice ;-)

latree said...

we always see what is 'hot' and easy too forget as new 'hot thins' come...

anno said...

Very sharp... and possibly right on target, I fear.

Anonymous said...

I also couldn't do that. Am very poor in all this stuff! Glad that you came up!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

it left me wondering and with only a few paragraphs. well done!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyable read that kept me on my toes all the way through.Nice! (It feels good to be back reading Sun. Scribblings again!)

paisley said...

i love this.. very unexpected piece from you,, satirical,, and yet nore than likely the most truth we will ever be privy to,,,,

gautami tripathy said...

You should write prose more often. You did very well here.

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...

Nice Take , I bet all that did go through his mind all the time . . .

Anonymous said...

It makes me want to plunge deeper into this world. Nice!

Anonymous said...

Haha. That reminds me of a news story I read just the other day...

JM @ WriteAnyway.com

little wing writer said...

nice surprise.. numbers we all dream about... now that makes me laugh!!!...

Marguerite said...

Nice take on the prompt. Very enjoyable read.

Hope you stop by sometime. Click here to visit my blog.

Tammy Brierly said...

Very clever Sue! Loved the sad truth of American Idol making some forget. Hug

storyteller said...

Intriguing ... I wish I could use fewer words and say as much.
Hugs and blessings,

Alisa Callos said...

It probably went exactly like that. Very nice writing.
Alisa

PS. Like you said I think we might be in the same area...do you have more snow now? :)
Also, could you email me if you know of a writing group anywhere near...I'm looking for one.

Happy Holidays!