Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Monday, August 03, 2009

Haiku for One Single Impression


One Single Impression prompts: Christine of Quiet Paths brings us this week's prompt, windows. Thanks Christine, for the prompt, the poem by Mary Oliver, and the wonderful photograph.

Please follow the above links to see Christine's wonderful work, as well as the poem by Mary Oliver and the work of other One Single Impression participants.





common truths
personal window
word painting

*

Pac-Man moon
stalks dots and bubbles
window screens

*

mind to paper
colors flow and link
inner windows

*

stained glass
nebulae windows
colored space

*

The image is a fractal created in Fractal Explorer with a digital photo of a vinca flower in a distorted and stretched state embedded.

~~~♥~~~♥~~~

19 comments:

Patti said...

Beautiful take on the prompt. My personal favorites are the 3rd and 4th ones and as always your image complements amazingly!

anthonynorth said...

All excellent, but the creative process in the 3rd is the best.

Annie Jeffries said...

Thanks for the fun reminder of Pac-Man. Even the fun music is now in my head. I'm chewing through my Monday workday now chomping as I go.

SandyCarlson said...

I so like "mind to paper"--it is a beautiful rendering of mysterious, shared creativity.

Quiet Paths said...

I am honestly envious of your ability to paint your inner windows so vividly. And these lines are perfect for the prompt.

Kathie Brown said...

Well, you certainly got inspiration from this prompt! I like the last haiku the best. What fun you had!

gabrielle said...

I love the white vinca growing out of the night, and that the adjacent window is dark.

your haiku are vibrate with color and movement.

Bobbie said...

mind to paper
colors flow and link
inner windows

*swoons* I ♥ u! lol
Terrific, all of them. But that one, captured me :)

Sherri B. said...

"Mind to paper" is my favorite, too...but each one presented such a visual image! Lovely.

poefusion said...

I love the different types of windows you came up with for this prompt. That Pac Man one took me back. Btw, I love your fractal. Have a great night.

Jeeves said...

Lovely ones. First one is my fav.

Jim said...

These are all nice, Sue. I love the thought of word painting, I took it off the bottom of my OSI's.
Our daughter's old Pac Man game is sitting on my desk top at this moment. I love the way he stalks. Our computers will accomodate that now.
I will pick the third one as being artistic in nature. Both in the art and writing realms.
..

DeLi said...

i love what you said about pacman moon...froma distance they are but dots and bubbles

DeLi said...

i love what you said about pacman moon...froma distance they are but dots and bubbles

totomai said...

brought me back to my childhood days with the second ku. :-)

lissa said...

I like the third one, an artist's imagination can stretch from within

Geraldine said...

I'm with Tony, the 3rd haiku was my fav. Great work as usual Sue.

Many hugs, G

zoya gautam said...

.. visual & eloquent ..

ur signature style ..

.. throwing pebbles into still waters ..

Anonymous said...

oh..i don't know how i missed this post...

very nicely said..