Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Paradox



the patron saint of criminals
calls forth the ides of hell and

angels churned from milky whey
spill across horizon’s line

hieroglyphics prick the night
each close re-draws a dawning

infinity begins
where gray covers black and

a white slice of moon on a string
spins the shape of absence

where the past climbs over the future
on the stair steps of Escher





Altered Watercolor

Totally Optional Prompts posting for Thursday.

North of Summer, A Decade of Poetry is available at Lulu Publishing.

11 comments:

Jo said...

infinity begins
where gray covers black and

a white slice of moon on a string
spins the shape of absence

Oh that last verse......so absolutely perfect. And the one before it too!

paisley said...

i feel like saying and thus the insanity pursues... but then again i am usually a little dark......

very well done...

gautami tripathy said...

I don't have words..as of now!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. This is astoundingly beautiful. I too love the last two stanzas in particular.

Deb said...

This is remarkable. I like the ambiguity--I love the title.

"angels churned from milky whey" is a holy sh*t momment for me, especially as they "spill across horizon’s line".

Rethabile said...

I like the whey you've played with the sound to create your atmosphere. Reads very nicely.

Q said...

Each line, each word...so exquisite.
I am holding "past climbs over the future" in my mind. Wow.
Sherry

Crafty Green Poet said...

angels churned from milky whey - I was so caught with that poem, I almost forgot to read the rest of the poem. Wonderful

Anonymous said...

brilliant imagery. Absolutely love this poem!

Clare said...

Can you hear the clapping? I'm giving you a standing ovation!! This is absolutely exquisite. Every line dazzles. Thank you!
:)

Anonymous said...

this is awesome
i love the visuals your words give me
off to check out the new prompt site