Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Shooting Stars of Summer



Summer to this point has been hot and dry - I like it like that! However, there's a distinct and sudden change. Morning air brings a hint of fall, the sun sneaks farther south and evening air is downright chilly.

I must learn not to say I'm cold. While camping last weekend with my younger daughter, I felt a chill and said erroneously, 'I'm cold.' Within minutes she had a blaze going that threatened to burn down the entire cabin - fortunately, it did nothing but melt the side off the television.

When I pointed it out, she sighed and said, 'I told them not to bring a tv into the woods.' Purist, she is. Someday, someone will notice the side is missing and we'll have to 'fess up. In the meantime, I've gotta say I enjoyed being overly warm that night - felt a lot like a full blown dark summer day.

Bats swoop and hummers slow. The full moon and Perseid meteor shower were better than any tv finds.

Daniel Smith has a new trio of colors. Prussian Blue is a name I remember from the old Crayon box. Yummmy. I'll have three new watercolors in four days.


Watercolor: Top Shelf

No comments: