Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Friday, September 05, 2008

Flock of Meteorites




Michelle, at Poefusion Friday 5, offers these words for prompt.

pheromones
earmarked
sedulous
apiculate
blisters

And, once again, my dictionary was a necessary reference. I can't wait to read what the others wrote - you, too, can check them out (or play) by following the link.




**

meteorites of birds
release white shadows
ahead of the sinking sun

earmarked as summer's
sedulous clean-up flock
these flashing birds ferret

bugs and bees drying
like amber tinted blisters
on the wooden deck

apiculate beaks emit
pheromones to keep
their cluster in complicity

when, after a feeding frenzy
of fermented grapes, they
whirl to undress my pear tree

**

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the ending, birds undress a pear, what an image

thanks for your visit

poefusion said...

What beautiful lines you wrote. I love the use of bugs and bees drying like amber tinted blisters and the ending of how the birds undress your pear tree. Beautiful. Have a nice day.

Q said...

Dear Sue,
Clapping,laughing and loving each word! I watched the birds and the bugs as I read. I love the pictures you paint in my mind with your words.
Thanks!
Sherry

paisley said...

oh i love this one.. and i find a bit of my own back yard in it as well....

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Those birds will get those pears everytime! So will the bugs . . . but such is nature. Thanks for creating and sharing.

Anonymous said...

wow, love the portrayal of natures sights and sounds... birds, bees and bugs.. sounds like a garden heaven...