Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

That Path of Least Resistance


Bone, the moderator of Three Word Wednesday says: each week, I post some words. People write things using the words. Then they comment here. Feel free to join in this energetic meme!





like a wrap-around porch
a frown follows her forehead

rumors released as fact
shake her to the core

~ spontaneous belief ~
flings wisdom to the wind






This is one of my earliest Bamboo Fun pieces.

10 comments:

Q said...

Dear Sue,
Very true. Your images are so vivid.
Thank you!
Hope you are feeling better each day.
Hot and humid here. I retreat in the afternoons to my desk and the ac. Good time for me to visit.
Sherry

Tammy Brierly said...

Hi Sue,
I have not seen you about, I hope you are well. Enjoyed your art and poem, as always. Wrap-around porch made me chuckle at my wrinkles. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your opening stanza. Great imagery relating a porch to a frown.

anthonynorth said...

Beautifully put. I keep thinking of village gossips.
Keep well.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Interesting comment suggesting that belief and wisdom are not necessarily harmonious ideas.

Anonymous said...

Love the poem and the art. 'Wrap round porch' is a great image.

paisley said...

oh this is good... and i never realized till i started aging that i evidently frown a lot more than i smile,, as that is the story my budding wrinkles tell.......

TC said...

I love, love, love the idea of flinging wisdom to the wind.

Anonymous said...

wow... the line abt a frown like a wraparound porch... dynamite... had to laugh... but then i felt sad, disappointment... some days everything means nothing... great stuff tw... again, glad to see yr writing again... were you referring to yr drawing/painting when you mentioned bamboo...

Noah the Great said...

Ooh! Great!