Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Confession




Friday is as good a time as any for confession.

My Internet provider vanished for two nights and one full day. Instead of doing long-delayed projects or any sort of productive chores, I stood first on one foot and then on the other hoping to see that I could access my calendar, accounts, news, e-mail from friends and family, blog reading and posting, twitter hiaku-ing, Scrabble online with Bre and information searching.  And, sob, there's no way I can catch up now.

Several years ago when I didn't show up online, a round robin questioning sent one family member to look into the missing-me situation which was fortunate, because pneumonia had sneaked up and flattened my vitals. With help from family, the EMT's and an ICUventilator, I resumed life.

Yesterday, I picked up the phone and dialed those who keep track to request that they not send help!

Now I must face the fact that I am addicted to the WorldWideWeb and all its delightfully endearing traps. And I'm not sure if I want to change!


Image created in Fractal Explorer.

♥     ♥     ♥

7 comments:

abb said...

Oh dear...another of us falls for that taskmaster the WWW. Welcome!

Geraldine said...

Aren't we all! I do try to limit my computer sessions these days, it can become an addiction. It's easy to keep on surfin' though!!!

Hugs, G

JP/deb said...

There are worse addictions!

xx,
JP/deb

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

join the club - well actually you already have.

happily retired gal said...

Oh my ... I suspect we're all a bit addicted to this virtual world, though lately I've have trouble keeping current with blog visits because I've been busy in the REAL world. Love your fractal creations as always.
Hugs and blessings,

kml said...

You certainly are not alone in that confession - it tends to take over everything. Don't know how we ever existed without it!

Bre said...

I must say, I do enjoy the Scrabble! I now know how you feel when I don't play over the weekend! LYA - Bre