Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Work. Not.



willowy
old
retiree
kicks away
early hours and
repulsive boss
smiles often

Actually, this could happen. A person could give up honest labor to post one blog a day and write a novel. In fact, both these events could occur in November. Makes one yearn for a repulsive boss and earlier hours.

Good luck to all NaBloPoMo and NaNoWriMo participants. May your pens stay at the ready and may your papers not blow away.




Fractal created in Fractal Explorer.
Prompt from Totally Optional Prompts: Work






15 comments:

Jo said...

Oh I like this.......especially the willowy! Good luck with your Nano.

Anonymous said...

I started writing for NaNo. I don't know how long I will last!

Q said...

A post a day is fun!
Your poems always are a treat.
Sherry

Pauline said...

how true - I must try it!

paisley said...

there is nothing quite like the privilege of having more time off than i have at work,, and still feeling financially aloft.. i can write to my hearts content,, and i i believe i will never be truly sated...

Anonymous said...

When the worker is the boss two things must be added that once subtracted. Smiles and sneers. btw, I always enjoy your contributions.

Brian said...

very nice. short and to the point!

Dennis said...

Oh! If only . . .
How much fun would it be to have the luxory of writing and posting every day. Well, that's what wishes are for.
D

Andy Sewina said...

If not. Why not. Work. Not. Short and sweet!

Keith's Ramblings said...

If only Ihad the time! Never mind, I retire in 5 years time. Then I'll have all the time in the world.

Anonymous said...

that one was a lot of fun. i think it happens all the time ;-)

Crafty Green Poet said...

Good and succinct!

Anonymous said...

Your poem made me smile. Thanks for the NaNo encouragement, good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

This has the compressed immediacy of newspaper headlines. Very effective.

sarala said...

Good luck on NaNo. This year I'm doing it. So far so good.