Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Weird for Sunday Scribblings

Sunday Scribblings prompts with weird






This is a tough prompt, since I can hardly think of anything that isn't weird, but by fluke and circumstance (and maybe a bit of strange thrown in) this is a scene I saw today on my living room coffee table.

A DVD, just completed, was upside down, the sun came through the window at the right angle and shadowed a cactus-type plant. The photo is just as it emerged from my point-and-shoot camera.

This isn't as weird as it gets around here but, for today, this is enough! Hope you enjoy this serendipitous image as much as I do!

♥0♥0♥

13 comments:

Dee Martin said...

I don't even know what I thought when I first saw the picture - pretty color, upside down bowl maybe? Didn't seem too out of place - you usually have fractals but, whatever. Then you told what it was. That is so cool and wouldn't it make a for real awesome label!

Loch Rob said...

The shadow makes for in interesting picture. A nice contrast to the purplish color on the DVD disk.

2cats said...

Very nice. Gotta love the point and shoots.

present said...

How do you get that effect with your camera? Nice.

linda may said...

I love the way that light and shadow bounces off and around the patterns on DVD and CD disks. What was the shadow plant actually from.

Catherine Denton said...

I'm impressed you noticed--good eye. I probably would've passed it and never seen the beauty lying there.

Lucy said...

I do enjoy this image and yes that was slightly weird!

Americanising Desi said...

haha i enjoyed this :)
tickled the inspiration buds in me!

Marja said...

I love the image A wonderful weird

Jae Rose said...

Lovely - I bet you couldn't have planned for such a good shadow..the colours and the definition are spot on..jae

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo and as Catherine said, I too would probably have never noticed, so besides being a great post, it reminded me to slow down and pay attention to things! Thanks.

missalister said...

Why, yes, I did enjoy this image, this post! Very much. I love being captured in the same frame as the fantastic. A few months ago, I looked up from my laptop, and there was a picture projected on the wall in front of me. The setting sun was streaming its light through tall grass outside a small, high window and framed a cloudy yellow-gray picture of it. I snapped photos and watched as the picture slid off the wall and vanished. It’s here if you’d like to take a look : )

when the musics over said...

Less weird than truly special to capture a moment in time. I appreciate this time capsule!