Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Poem for Sunday Scribblings

Sunday Scribblings offers prompt #193 - Brave




Mask of Night

a savage wind
whistling harmonics
cuts through the dark
knocks at the door

evergreen limbs
scratch the roof and
needles stab at panes
through midnight fears

spun from betrayals
whispers ride the wind
ricochet off the walls
she brews calming tea

 
The fractal image was created in MindBogglingFractals and resized in Irfanview.
 
~♥~♥~♥

12 comments:

Ria said...

Simple, yet highly expressive <3

George S Batty said...

I'm not sure the tea would calm me. She is brave. Nice Poem

Anonymous said...

There's so much going on here, such a busy, busy night. I can feel it as I read. I especially reacted to these whispers riding the wind that were spun from betrayals. You left me wondering what this was all about and I hoped that the tea did it's job.

Catherine Denton said...

I feel like this every time my husband travels; the nights are more ominous. I loved how the last line stood in contrast to the rest. (I'll have to try that tea)

bluebethley said...

The world outside; inside calming tea. Nice read.

shraddha said...

i can relate to this..

very nice work..

Jeeves said...

calming tea....thats nice

Jae Rose said...

What a wonderful last night - all that is brave comes in calm actions. I love this Tumblewords..Jae

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the stormy weather outside mirrors our inner world... you captured it perfectly.
Kate

Old Egg said...

It was good that the stabs, cuts and scratches are mollified by the security of something so safe and reliable. Great read.

Lilibeth said...

I loved it...especially the last line.

poefusion said...

isn't it great when one can find moments peace in a cup of tea after a night like was described here? wonderfully written poem. hope all is well.