Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Adventure for Sunday Scribblings

Sunday Scribblings prompts: Adventure





This Broom is Parked


the gate is locked
drapes drawn tight
no bulbs leak light

I huddle in the dark
under a warming throw
adventure's lost its spark

a box of candy in my lap
I savor each and every bite
chocolate surprise delights

the candy box is empty
procrastination wins
old ghouls left without me

 
Fractal created in Apophysis.
 
♥♥♥

9 comments:

Thom Gabrukiewicz said...

there's something oddly sad about this. It's great, but I feel something. Sadness.

Pirates

Miss Demure Restraint said...

I like this perhaps because I too have hidden, lights out, taking delight in an ordinary "sin."

I like this poem.

murat11 said...

I love the title, and all that goes with it. I hear the sadness ThomG hears, but there's a looking back, a warmth, and wonderful chocolate to hold it all.

Granny Smith said...

And I was too sleepy to stay awake last night. This a wonderful match of fractal and verse - and, as ThomG said - a little sad.

Jennifer Hicks said...

wonderful expression of what I read as the need for basic comfort in place of adventure.
thank for sharing.

Heliotropism said...

Sad, yes. Delightful, yes. But I see where the adventure lies... in the box of chocolates. :) Very nicely written!

Anonymous said...

a true adventure indeed..ambivalence..can be an adventure..

Jae Rose said...

I could really picture this piece. Very atmospheric (and topical) jae :)

SandyCarlson said...

I like that very much. What a way to spend the holiday.