Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Thursday, January 31, 2008

On the Way


twirling life like a rubik's cube
she searched and begged
directions to that special path
a signal to ordained fame

turning molehills into mountains
she upturned pebbles with her foot
sprinted with wild abandon until
her candle flickered in the hunt

shedding light on a faded trail
she broke off symbol watching
clung to the course she'd chosen
and, in time, that became enough





Totally Optional Prompt
Watercolor by Sue


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very profound this.....it really speaks to me and is beautifully worded, of course.

UL said...

yep, this indeed spoke volumes...and I love the way you ended it..., satisfaction brings lots.

paisley said...

i am so looking for that place.. "that's enough...."

Unknown said...

I like the journey this takes you on...very nice.

Anonymous said...

I think I have found the place that is enough for me.

I loved it.

rel said...

Sue,
Too oft we search for that which we already have.
Nice word path!
rel

Andy Sewina said...

I love that word 'twirling' any journey in life that starts with the word twirling has got to have a happy ending. Loved the poem.

Linda Jacobs said...

Yes. enough. So often we are looking for more when enough is enough! God, you're good!

Dan said...

Sue, your combination of painting & word art is truly special. I’m presenting you with an award. Come by and pick it up

Preeti Shenoy said...

LOVED this poem! Brilliant.Especially the last line--such quiet acceptance.

Anonymous said...

I like your poem, but I just LOVE your watercolors!

Q said...

Dear Sue,
Your watercolor is beautiful.
Absolutely gorgeous. I would hang that in my house in a heart beat.
I usually read your poems a couple of times and out loud before I comment but the watercolor is so fine I just have to say something right now! You are a very talented woman. I am awed.
Sherry

Rambler said...

your choice of words never stop amazing me.. candle and the flickering.. amazing.