Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Dear Editor




the news is quite distasteful
a slap in the face to my psyche

creative writing covers the candor
swaps reality for the twist of twits

crafts burglars into car prowlers,
family terror into home invasion

headlines rail cutesy and trite
…just print the news as it is

I’ll lead my own commentariat
and choose how to perceive it




Fractal created by Sue
This prompt came from Totally Optional Prompt

11 comments:

Deb said...

We have a similar perspective in our poems. Quite different in how it's said (I love seeing the differences) but still!

Anonymous said...

"headlines rail cutesy and trite
…just print the news as it is.."

I agree...

Very well said..

Pearl said...

hear! hear!

Anonymous said...

Pearl took my lines!

Bravo! Bravo!

Rose

xo

Linda Jacobs said...

'twist of twits" Cool wordplay!

I so totally agree with your sentiment here!

Anonymous said...

Yes, indeed.

Mad Kane said...

How true! Excellent!

Mad Kane

Nora said...

I enjoyed reading this, and agree with you!

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear!

Revathi said...

ha ha ha ...EXACTLY!!

Christine Gail said...

I so enjoyed reading this, Bravo!