Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sounds for TOP


Totally Optional Prompts is looking for Sound this week.

For several years, I read at local venues and created audio CD's to accompany each of my poetry chapbooks. After a lengthy bout with a respirator for pneumonia, I'm sure I sound too scratchy to read in public.

I found Wendy Videlock on the Poetry Foundation website and listened to North of Mist several times before I Googled and read any number of her poems. This one remains my favorite. Ms. Videlock is a Colorado poet and has received numerous awards and accolades.

North of Mist




This image is a digital watercolor created in Adobe Elements 5 and with Bamboo Fun.
***

11 comments:

paisley said...

excellent choice,, and i cannot help but feel her voice sounds somewhat like christine's......

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I enjoyed listening to this.

Stan Ski said...

Sorry, I was unable to access the sound track, but didn't want to leave without acknowledging my visit.

JP/deb said...

gorgeous digital watercolor - you are a woman of many creative talents! peace, JP/deb

anthonynorth said...

Me just dumb basic blogger and don't even have speakers, but like Stan, I couldn't call without saying hello.

Dave King said...

As one who has tried his hand at digital prints, I find these images simple and compelling.

Q said...

Dear Sue,
The audio was unavailable for me.
I will see about getting some of her work. Thank you for introducing me to a new to me poet.
I am so very grateful the ventilator kept you going until you were able to breathe on your own.
Scary stuff.
Sherry

totomai said...

under a kiss of shadow's daughter. :-) my fave line of the poem.

thanks for sharing. and i like the digital painting

Quiet Paths said...

This watercolor is so lovely; almost Japanese in style...

myrtle beached whale said...

I just experimented with reading one of my poems on my blog. I think we all hate our voice.

Linda Jacobs said...

That IS a wonderful poem with so many unusual images and word combinations. Thanks for sharing it. And I LOVE your digital watercolor!