Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Friday, November 07, 2008

Dog Day News



a waving index finger
waggles the dog and
Barney takes a bite

now he officiates from
an oval vivarium
rising on its golden plinth

chuff hears him crying
aims to dry his tears
warn him about unfairness

the lame chuff
wintles down the hall
to locate a wiping sponge

the newsman's still bleeding
~ gawd, the ranch looks good

***


Digital Photo by Sue.

Michelle at Poefusion Friday 5 offers the five words and I've added the definitions I used:
wintle - stagger, reel
vivarium - a terrarium for small animals
sponge - piece of cellulose or a dead sea thing :)
chuff - boor
plinth - square block serving as a base


7 comments:

J. S. Clawson said...

:-) Good job with the Friday 5! I couldn't get my brain to get a wrap on the words, but weaved an excellent tale (or is it tail?):-) Lovely piece, thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I don't think I would have been able to work those words into anything. But you did and you did such an excellent job!

Annie Jeffries said...

I read this over and over again and then works with the definitions. Chuff is SOME word. And I was reminded that there is Boar, Bore, and Boor. All so different and not to be interchanged.

poefusion said...

Tumblewords, your poem and picture go hand in hand. Love them both. You worked these difficult words well. Have a nice weekend.

Q said...

Dear Sue,
Amazing the way you not only worked these diverse words into a poem but also into a story!
The photo is perfect too,
one relaxed barn.
Sherry

JP/deb said...

I took this to reference George W. Bush going back to the ranch ... love the poem, photo and cleverness! JP/deb

indicaspecies said...

Interesting words, thank you for sharing.

Thanks also for dropping by my blog and leaving behind a nice comment.:)