Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Short Supply


Heads Or Tails!
This week, it's HEADS. SUPPLY.



Chastise me if you wish but I have an up-to-the-eyeballs supply of stupid news ~ surreal lifestyles of the rich and aimless, and liasions between hes and shes or hes and hes.

What I'd like to see, until my eyes quit bleeding, is a surfeit of intelligence ~ a leader who can think and talk, a return to the time when heroes were real people who worked and raised families, when baseball was a sport instead of a business, when crime was met with justice and charity began at home.

The first four-fifths of the first decade of this new millennium has been chockablock with one fustercluck after another plus a display of inanity which hasn't been seen since the collapse of Rome, the Other Empire.

The only short supply is humor and I'll have to admit that the recent video of the P. Hilton woman made me laugh out loud. I might just vote for her and a pink house.




Fractal created in Fractal Explorer, by Sue.

12 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

Great post for HoT! I completely agree about the endless supply of insanity we have and the lack of supply of humor. Too true! Thanks for visiting my HoT.

Barb said...

I would like to see those things as well. I'll have to Google the video :P

Anonymous said...

Did not see the video, but heard its making the rounds! Happy HOT day :)

Anonymous said...

I have actively avoided watching the P.H. video, as anything to do with the rich and overly publicized just irritates me. Hope you have a great day filled with plenty of humor and very little "stupid news".

ShannonW said...

P Hilton gets on my nerves! Great HoT post.

storyteller said...

I love your fractal illustration today and am reminded I intended to explore this medium … though I’m not sure when I would have had time. You’ve raised issues near and dear to my own beliefs ... and I can’t help but wonder when (or if) we’ll ever get our priorities straightened out again.
Hugs and blessings,

Hootin Anni said...

High 5....this is one super HoT.

Thanks for the visit. And, have a super evening.

raymond pert said...

I love the word "fustercluck". That's a new one for me and it's a great way to get around "fustercluck"'s more, well, foul mouthed cousin!

I hope your commenters who dismiss Paris Hilton out of hand will take a few minutes and watch her campaign video. It's a work of genius. I loved everything about it, but most of all that Paris Hilton performed such a pointed self-parody as well as a parody of McCain's ad.

Anonymous said...

oh indeed, pink puppies and pink purses where do i sign up... who woulda known there was humor fractals!!!... as always a pleasant visit... blessings,

Annie Jeffries said...

Clusterfuck is my all time favorite adjective. It is the ultimate word to use when everything is going to hell in a handbasket. Thanks for the laugh. As you can see, my humor is not in short supply. If I didn't laugh at some of the messes we get ourselves into, I'd cry.

Shadow said...

i echo your sentiments. well said!

paisley said...

what i wanna know,,, is if there are so many of us that have had it up to the eyeballs with this shock jock media and the train wrecks they seem to hover around.... why the hell is it still so popular?????