Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Chocolate for Sunday Scribblings

Sunday Scribblings posts prompt: Recipe


At the risk of receiving far more sympathy than I rightfully deserve, I'll post two time-honored faves.


The first is 3-hole chocolate cake:
1-1/2 C flour, 1 C sugar, 3 TBS cocoa, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 TBS vinegar, 6 TBS salad oil, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 C cold water.
Combine dry ingredients in an ungreased 9-inch square pan. Make three holes and pour oil into one, vinegar into the second and vanilla into the third. Pour cold water over all. Mix with rubber spatula until blended - do not beat. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm with a pat of butter if you're impatient.

Otherwise Frosting
1/2 C sugar, 1-1/2 TBS cornstarch, 1 1-oz square unsweetened chocolate, dash of salt, 1/2 C boiling water, 1 1/2 TBS butter, 1/2 tsp vanilla.
Mix sugar and cornstarch, add chocolate, salt. Add water, cook until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla. Mix well. Spread while hot on 3-hole cake. Aaaaaah

The second is even speedier and makes a superb late night snack. In the microwave, melt a square of one Hershey dark chocolate bar on top of 1/2 C of Cheerios. Takes about 15 seconds. Stir and munch. Yum. If you like chocolate and Cheerios. Do you?


Apophysis Fractal.
♥     ♥     ♥

20 comments:

Sam Liu said...

The second recipe sounds really delicious and extremely easy to make, I shall definitely be trying it out :)

Denise Moncrief said...

Thanks for sharing your recipes. Chocolate is my second language.

Archna Sharma said...

Yummy! I do believe that my children would love for their mommy to duplicate the second recipe. I'll have to do so for a Friday night treat! Thanks for a couple of delicious chocolate moments!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I'm not going to let my chubby hubby see these, okay? They're too quick and easy, and if he's ever going to get back into his size 32s, he needs to think sweet treats are complicated. Very, very complicated. ;-)

anthonynorth said...

A most tasty post.

Jae Rose said...

Your last recipe is like 'Rice Crispie cakes' over here in the UK. (melted chocloate over cereal)..Lovely photo as well..Jae

Evalinn said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

These m surely gonna try...seem easy :)

Carina said...

Well, now I'm hungry. Very hungry. Thanks.

brenda w said...

What an interesting chocolate cake recipe. My husband is out of town until the 25th. Then I shall present him with a 3-hole-chocolate cake! He loves chocolate, and I love unique recipes. Thank you!

brenda w said...

heyla! Thank you for sharing these interesting recipes. My husband Len is out of town until the 25th. I will present him with a three hole chocolate cake upon his return. He loves chocolate, I love unique recipes. win-win Kaching! :)

Pearl said...

you had me at the word Chocolate.

Tammy Brierly said...

My hubby (chocolate addict) will LOVE these.

Understanding Alice said...

so much for the diet, i HAVE to try these :)

Dee Martin said...

mmm chocolate - these are all wonderful!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Aaaaah choclate! I so love the stuff! Your recipes sound brilliant!

Lisa said...

Thank's for commenting on my post. This sounds so yummy! I love chocolate.

Bre said...

You forgot Coffee Mug Brownies:
Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 dash salt
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Directions
In a 12 oz coffee mug, add water, oil, vanilla and dash of salt.

Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add flour, whisk well.

Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds. Center should be slightly molten. Careful not to overcook.

Enjoy with a spoon. Careful brownie will be hot.

Unknown said...

I love both recipes. Wow! And I'm so glad to see actual recipes! Thanks!

Unknown said...

I love both recipes. Wow! And I'm so glad to see actual recipes! Thanks!