Tumblewords

Fractals Photos Poetry Prose Watercolor

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Watch! It's Coming 'Round Again!



Skittles at Heads or Tails prompts with 'Watch'.
**

Resolution Re-run

New years by the score
have left me in doubt
as what more to leave out.
I gave up hard spirits,
tobacco and speeding,
soaped out my mouth
and even stopped fibbing.
I once gave up slouching
and dating bad men,
ran from intolerance
to pose on the fence.
I’m not pure lily white
but surely modest and mild.
I’ve come full circle
which is rather odd
so this year I resolve
to resume smokes and gin,
to step up my pace,
and regain ten pounds
while practicing road rage
and lewd finger waves.

**

A Pleasurable, Prosperous and Peaceful 2009 to You!

♥ ♥

15 comments:

Barb said...

Hahaa! Very clever and fun.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Now those are goals!

Forgetfulone said...

Hahahahaha! I needed a grin. Love that image at the top.

Anonymous said...

Ha!!! I really did Laugh Out Loud! Sometimes full circle is good - gives you a good perspective on what worked and didn't work the first time around ... I'll raise a Bombay Sapphire to you! Happy New Year!

peppylady (Dora) said...

It comes around every 365 day and good luck with 2009

Coffee is on.

NoBS said...

Now those sound like resolutions one could keep!

ShannonW said...

hehe very cool!

Anonymous said...

Hahahah- TW, thanks for the laughter.
Clever! I'm sharing this one w/ my teen.
Best wishes HNY 2009!

Whitesnake said...

Once again you excel!

anthonynorth said...

A great, fun poem. I offered a New Year's resolution decades ago that I've stuck to - not to make New Year's resolutions ;-)

Tina said...

sounds like a plan ;) hope you have a great new year

Anonymous said...

Hehehe that was great!!! :)

Quiet Paths said...

LOL very fun and a little too true. I can relate to having an urge to wave a finger on the road once in awhile. Very cleverly written. Happy New Year to you and yours.

paisley said...

sounds to me like i am not the onlu one that is having zero fun for new years eve!!!!

Bee Bee said...

Hilarious!
I loved the poem...